Tuesday 1 November 2011

Today we had our first session with Jane and John. I found it really helpful and was given some great advice. The main thing I got from this was that we were told to aim high. This got me thinking back to the GBH talk that I went to. I was really interested in their work and the thought did cross my mind about asking for a placement, but I thought I'd be shooting too high. However one of the main things we were told today is aim high and early. So I am going to email them enquiring about placements.
Another thing we were told is that if we don't get a placement, then be persistent and ask for live briefs, for advice, say you like certain projects. Also email people, not just the company and use their names its more likely to be read this way.

So things to do:


  • Email Jason Gregory and Mark Bonner at GBH
  • Make some business cards
  • Start looking at creative C.V.s 
  • Start looking at companies that I would like to have a placement at, in Leeds and London

No comments:

Post a Comment