Tuesday 1 November 2011

Study Task 1

Who am I?- Who are they?


All possible client groups that I can think of, although there are so many subcategories I could go on forever.

  • Music 
  • Retail
  • Publishing
  • Education
  • Film 
  • Medical and pharmaceutical 
  • Leisure industry
  • Tourism
  • Sales and marketing/advertising
  • Charity
  • Technology
  • Art and design
  • Food and health
  • Beauty and cosmetic
  • Television
  • Government and council 

I realise that my interests within graphic design will evolve and change as I progress on this course, but currently I can see myself working primarily with type as image. This could work across various different client groups. 
The particular client group that I can see myself working with is perhaps retail and promotional graphic design. I love print based design and working in this field would allow me to work across a range of different medias encouraging me to spread my wings and experiment with different forms of design media. I think that retail is broad and open to many different forms of promotion, and I feel that I am good at thinking of new and innovative ideas to promote a brand.
Brand identity is also something that I am interested in and working with retail graphics would allow me to work closely to the branding itself and keeping it consistent is key. All design work would have to keep true to the label.
Producing such material would also sometimes allow me to incorporate my illustrative skills and to use type with image, which are both things that I am massively interested in.
As I have mentioned before I am aware that as my skills and knowledge develop before graduating my aims could change, but I think that it would be very beneficial to work in a small group of creatives as this would allow us to feed off of each others strengths. Working in this kind of environment would allow us to cover a broad range of graphic design including for example promotional material and retail graphics.


No comments:

Post a Comment