Wednesday 14 March 2012

InPress

Today I received a phone call from Alex, project manager of charity organisation SIFE. He would like to make an order of 30 screen printed hoodies. After discovering that the design consisted of multiple colours, I decided that this job is too complex to fulfil without a carousel. He also wanted a very cheap quote, which I was willing to provide if he would reduce the number of colours (he agreed on £3 a unit if he were to provide the hoodies) as he mentioned that he could make it worth our while.


It turns out that he is project manager for the CEO at Savvy marketing, an agency in Leeds with some big clients, including Adidas and Asda. He said he would be willing to pass on our details and we could get a lot of potential business from them. As I saw this as a good opportunity I agreed to do the print job at a discounted price, but providing that they are a two colour print as we just do not have the facilities. I have suggested that if he needs a more complex design then he would be better off digitally printing them. It would be a shame to lose this job, but being as helpful as I can may mean a new contact with more job potential in the future.









No comments:

Post a Comment