Monday 14 February 2011

Collection 100...

Feedback from 2 minute presentation

Change of topic!
After doing all of my initial research unfortunately my tattoo gun broke, which left me with no more ideas and at a bit of a dead end. I decided to change my topic to 'sweets' and start from the beginning.


Progress crit
I was told that my idea to design and produce 'Love Eggs' which would contain a condom and a different sex position was a good one and is something that is current and marketable. Although the idea was good, I had to rethink my design paying attention to the appropriate font used and layout, and watching out for widowing with the text. Also I originally used the same colour scheme throughout the 100 designs, I was told to add a bit of a mix with this to give it more variation. The way I decided to resolve this is by using the classic traffic light colour code to depict whether a position is rated as easy medium or hard, to not only keep the designs looking interesting but to also give the colour variations some relevance.


Feedback from students
Issues raised:
Size of plastic packaging potentially damage product.
Image works but colour and typeface?
Action to be taken:
Larger packaging- try bright pink (look at Anne Summers for colour examples) not keen on heavy orange.
Add cigarette to package.
Blue one= group.
Put a Unipol mint into packaging.
Other accessories? Cock ring?


Self Evaluation
I am extremely pleased with my concept and have had a lot of positive feedback from other students, which could be a potential audience to aim at. I think that it actually has potential to sell, to the extent that I am considering emailing places like Anne Summers with my idea. I like the idea of using colours to indicate the level of difficulty and effort involved with the position, especially on the packaging so that the consumer has the power to choose beforehand without taking away the element of surprise when getting the random sex position. I do think however that I need to make it clearer what the colours are indicating which proved a problem in the crit which involved other students. If I had more time I would resolve this by making a point of sale that would present the eggs in a shop, promoting the product and clearly indicating what the colour coding means. 


Final Pieces:







No comments:

Post a Comment